- [C] 星期,周 a time of seven days, usually from Sunday to the next Saturday
any period of seven consecutive days;
"it rained for a week"
hours or days of work in a calendar week;
"they worked a 40-hour week"
a period of seven consecutive days starting on Sunday
- The alterations to your coat will take a week.
- The boys have decided to go camping next week.
- I got a new coat in that store last week.
- The temperature has stayed hot this week.
- She was absent from factory for three weeks.
- He has calculated the day of the week on which Christmas will fall.
- After a couple of weeks, almost all the infected plants bore cotton bolls.
- I bathed in the public baths nearby twice a week.
- An oil tanker caught fire and burned for a week.
- They advanced the price of gasoline twice in a week.
- The Adamses asked the Russells to dinner and a week later the Russells asked back the Adamses.
- We've arranged that the kids should go and help her once a week.
- He allowed his children fifteen pence a week.
- We may continue the traction up to three weeks, until the fracture is healed.
- She spent six weeks catching up with her studies.
- He has been barred from playing for two weeks because of bad behaviour.
- The town was thoroughly billed by advance agents of the circus last week.
- This day week a new play was acted.
- He will come this day week.
- There wasn't time to finish all the games last night and so some have had to be carried over until Tuesday week.
- He writes to us every week to catch us up on what's happening in the countryside.
- The trade union bargained that its members should have another week's holidays.
- In the week, we got up at seven.
- appoint a week for 指定一周干…
- begin a week 开始一周
- devote one's week to 把一周时间用于做某事
- end a week 结束一周
- make a week 成为一周
- pass a week 度过一周
- spend a week 度过一周,用一周的时间
- waste a week 浪费一周时间
- take sb a week 占用某人一周的时间
- all the week 整个一周时间
- busy week 繁忙的一周
- each week 每一周
- entire week 整整一周
- every week 每周,每星期
- full week 整整一周
- last week 上星期
- next week 下星期
- the past week 过去的一周
- the whole week 整整一周的时间
- this week 本周
- film week 电影周
- freshman week 新生入学周
- old home week 旧友联欢会,居住区邀请昔日居民团聚的联欢周
- the Christmas week 圣诞节前后的一周
- the music week 音乐周
- this day week 从今天算起的一个星期
- today week 从今天算起的一个星期
- tomorrow week 上或下星期的明天
- Traffic Safety W- 交通安全周
- Wednesday week 上或下星期的星期三
- World Youth W- 世界青年周
- yesterday week 上或下星期的昨天
She..listens to the radio every week instead of going to..church.出自： M. Dorris
Heads of foreign missions plan to meet next week.出自：Independent
- “两星期”的表示方法英式英语用fortnight,而美式英语用two weeks。
- Monday〔Tuesday〕 week指从本星期一〔星期二〕算起的前一个或后一个星期一〔星期二〕。
- this day week指从某日起算七天前或七天后的一天。
- tomorrow week指一星期后的明天, yesterday week指一星期前的昨天。the week of the 22nd指从22号开始的一星期。
- She has been advertising for a cleaner for weeks without success.
- She has been advertising for a cleaner in weeks without success.
- 近几周她接连登广告想雇一名清洁 工,但至今没有找到人。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的wucu，意为周期、星期。