- n. 腰部；腰
- [C] 腰,腰部,腰围 part of the body between the ribs and the hips, usually narrower than the rest of the trunk
- [C] (衣服的)腰部 the part of a garment that goes round this part of the body
- [C] 中间凹入的部分 narrow part in the middle of sth
the narrowing of the body between the ribs and hips
the narrow part of the shoe connecting the heel and the wide part of the sole
- Her hair nearly reached down to her waist.
- She wears a ribbon belt round her waist.
- If the skirt is too big, we can take in the waist.
- He put his arm around her waist.
- The uncut grass came up to her waist.
- She has a very small waist.
- The tailor is measuring my waist.
- She took in the waist of her dress.
- The sound is from the waist of a violin.
- have no waist 胖得看不出腰围
- let out the waist of a dress 把衣服的腰围放大些
- measure sb's waist 量某人的腰围
- slim the waist 使腰变细
- strip to the waist 光着上身
- take in the waist of a dress 把衣服的腰身缩小些
So tall, that the Spaniards only reached his waist.出自： Goldsmith
A..woman, permanently paralysed from the waist down after a spinal injection.出自：Daily Telegraph
Grasped around the waist by a lecherous man.出自： G. Murray
Rosina laces me up tight to show off my neat pretty waist.出自： M. Roberts