- [U] 醋 sour liquid made from malt, wine, cider, etc. by fermentation and used for flavoring food and for pickling
sour-tasting liquid produced usually by oxidation of the alcohol in wine or cider and used as a condiment or food preservative
dilute acetic acid
- Vinegar has an acid taste.
- He sprinkled vinegar on his fish and chips.
- His retort was delivered with a strong note of vinegar.
- Vinegar is used in preserving food.
My life isn't all sweetness. There's a little vinegar there.出自：She
A peevish and vinegar-hearted step-mother.出自： attrib.
- acetum 醋