not adequate to give satisfaction;
"the coach told his players that defeat was unacceptable"
not acceptable; not welcome;
"a word unacceptable in polite society"
"an unacceptable violation of personal freedom"
used of persons or their behavior;
not conforming to standard usage;
"the following use of `access' was judged unacceptable by a panel of linguists; `You can access your cash at any of 300 automatic tellers'"
- I must say I find it unacceptable.
- In my opinion, the proposal is quite unacceptable.
- The theory he put forward at the meeting was entirely at fault and was therefore unacceptable.
- I am afraid your suggestion is unacceptable.
- Such behavior is unacceptable in a civilized society.
Jackman was unacceptable to the Guyana government and would be asked to leave.出自： G. Boycott
- undesirable 不受欢迎的
- ineligible 无被选任资格的...
- unsuitable 不适宜的
- intolerable 无法忍受的
- improper 不合适的
- insupportable 不能忍受的
- deplorable 应受谴责的
- objectionable 该反对的
- offensive 令人不快的
- obnoxious 可憎的
- distasteful 味道差的
- impossible 不可能的
- insufferable 令人无法忍受的...
- unaccepted 未被接纳的
- unsufferable <废>难以忍受的...
- acceptable 合意的