- v. 暴跌；倒塌；跌倒；翻滚；弄乱；明白；突然发现
- n. 暴跌；跌跤；混乱
- vt. & vi. 跌倒 fall, especially quickly or violently
an acrobatic feat of rolling or turning end over end
a sudden drop from an upright position;
"he had a nasty spill on the ice"
fall down, as if collapsing;
"The tower of the World Trade Center tumbled after the plane hit it"
cause to topple or tumble by pushing
roll over and over, back and forth
"The clothes tumbled in the dryer"
"rising smoke whirled in the air"
"the building crumbled after the explosion"
"Negotiations broke down"
throw together in a confused mass;
"They tumbled the teams with no apparent pattern"
understand, usually after some initial difficulty;
"She didn't know what her classmates were plotting but finally caught on"
fall suddenly and sharply;
"Prices tumbled after the devaluation of the currency"
put clothes in a tumbling barrel, where they are whirled about in hot air, usually with the purpose of drying;
"Wash in warm water and tumble dry"
suffer a sudden downfall, overthrow, or defeat
do gymnastics, roll and turn skillfully
- Share prices tumbled on the stock-market.
- Stock market price tumble after rumor of a rise in interest rate.
- That old building could tumble down at any time.
- It only needed a push and the whole building will come tumble down.
- In her hurry she tumbled down.
- The sick child tumbled restlessly in his bed.
- The wind tumbled her hair.
- It was a long time before she tumbled to what I meant.
- Quite accidentally, the police tumbled on the answer to the mystery.
- Stock prices took a tumble in the afternoon.
- The tumble hurt him badly.
- Yesterday I took a nasty tumble.
- His desk was a complete tumble of papers and books.
- Bedclothes was in a tumble on the floor.
- Babies tumble when they are learning to walk.
- The sick child is tumbling restlessly in his bed.
- The wall finally tumbled.
- The strong winds tumbled a tree in our yard.
- The wreckers tumbled the wall of the building.
- tumble about (v.+adv.)
翻滚,翻腾 roll; surge
The puppies were tumbling about on the floor.
- tumble down1 (v.+adv.)
倒塌 cave down
The hut tumbled down in the storm.
- tumble down2 (v.+prep.)
从…滚下 fall down from sth
tumble down sth
She tumbled down the stairs.
- tumble from (v.+prep.)
从…滚出 roll out of sth
tumble from sth
The fruit tumbled from the overturned cart.
- tumble off (v.+prep.)
从…摔下 come off (sth) by falling carelessly
tumble off sth
He tumbled off his bicycle.
- tumble out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
从…摔出〔滚下〕 roll out of sth
tumble out of sth
He tumbled out of bed.
他从床上滚了下来。tumble sb out of sth
The earthquake tumbled me out of bed.
The accident tumbled us all out of the bus.
- tumble to (v.+prep.)
〈非正〉领悟,明白 understand or become conscious of (sth) often suddenly
tumble to sb/sth
He tried to keep his intentions well hidden, but it doesn't take too long for people to tumble to him.
How could the enemy tumble to you so soon?
He has been deceiving her for many years, but she has still not tumbled to it.
All at once he tumbled to my plan.
- tumble up (v.+adv.)
赶快 hurry up
Come along, now, tumble up!I am not going to wait about all day.
- tumble abruptly 突然跌倒
- tumble drunkenly 踉踉跄跄地走来
- tumble wretchedly 悲惨地跌倒
- tumble about 翻滚,翻腾
- tumble along 莽莽撞撞地过来
- tumble down 摔倒,坍塌,失散
- tumble over 乱扔,打翻,绊倒,反复思考
The moorhen..swimming out from the overhanging tumble of bush and bramble.出自：Westminster Gazette
She's utterly fearless and she can tumble really well.出自：Radio Times
- tumble后接副词about表示“翻滚,翻腾”; 后接介词to表示“领悟”; 后接介词off表示“从…摔下”; 后接复合介词out of表示“从…摔出〔滚下〕”; 后接副词up表示“赶快”。
- fall 落下
- topple 使倒塌
- stumble 绊倒
- plunge 使投入
- trip 旅行
- spill 溢出
- somersault 跟斗
- forward roll 前滚翻
- flip 掷
- flip-flop 夹趾拖鞋
- cartwheel (体操动作)侧身翻跟头...
- toss 投掷
- wallow 打滚
- roll 卷
- pitch 球场
- flounder 挣扎
- sprawl 躺卧
- lurch 突然倾斜
- fall over 跌倒
- fall down 跌倒
- trip up (使)犯错误
- plummet 铅锤
- drop 落下
- nose-dive 俯冲
- thrash 打(谷)
- descent 下降
- disorder 混乱
- stagger 蹒跚
- rock 岩石
- founder 创立者
- twig 小枝
- crumple （使)起皱
- cotton on 开始理解
- tip 小费
- catch on 理解
- get it 理解
- collapse （使）倒塌
- crumble 崩溃
- get onto 上车
- latch on 抓住
- get wise 变卤莽
- whirl 使 ... 旋转
- break down 分解；发生故障；失败；毁...