a playing card in the suit that has been declared trumps;
"the ace of trumps is a sure winner"
(card games) the suit that has been declared to rank above all other suits for the duration of the hand;
"clubs were declared trumps"
"a trump can take a trick even when a card of a different suit is led"
a brass musical instrument with a brilliant tone; has a narrow tube and a flared bell and is played by means of valves
produce a sound as if from a trumpet
get the better of;
"the goal was to best the competition"
play a trump
proclaim or announce with or as if with a fanfare
- Hearts are trumps.
- I was lucky to have drawn a trump.
- He took my ace with a low trump.
- This defender's ability to score vital goals has often proved a trump card.
- He was never able to trump up the courage to have a showdown.
- Our team must trump them in the game.
- trump up 捏造(伪造)
- trump card 王牌
- trump suit 王花组
- no trump 无王
- trump stone 主景石
- the last trump 最后审判日的号声...
- trump tree 主景树
- no-trump (尤指在桥牌中)无王...
- trumped-up 捏造的
- tongue of the trump 头子
- play one's trump card 打出王牌
- trump someone's ace 以将牌打下对方的 a...
- like a sow playing on a trump 好象母猪吹喇叭,不象...
- play a trump 拿出王牌
- have the trump card 手中有王牌,有必胜之...
- trump something up 推销或宣传某物...
- hold the trump card 手中有王牌,有必胜之...
Say we sound The trump of liberty.出自： T. Gray
Louder yet..Swells the high trump that wakes the dead!出自： Sir W. Scott
Let Spades be trumps!出自： Pope
It was necessary to cash the..queen of diamonds and lead another trump.出自：Field
Miller ought to have trumped the diamond.出自： Dickens