put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive;
"She never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"
"The young girls were all fancied up for the party"
- The floats in the parade are decked out with flags.
- Was all tricked out in beads and fringe.
- Men who had lounged about all night in smock-frocks and leather leggings, came out in silken vests and hats and plumes, as jugglers or mountebanks.
- They rigged the boy out as a sailor.
- She was trigged out in her best for the date.