of or relating to a legal title to something;
of or bearing a title signifying status or function;
"of titular rank"
of or pertaining to the title of a work of art;
"performed well in the titular (or title) role"
"the titular theme of the book"
of or associated with or bearing a title signifying nobility;
existing in name only;
"the nominal (or titular) head of his party"
- He will never be a titular leader.
- The Queen is titular head of the Church of England.
- Its titular head is a person whose whereabouts nobody knows.
- O'Connor gave up his titular possessions and conducted business in America.
- However, titular mystification continues to intensify.
- titular possessions 有权持有的财产...
She dismissed the titular head of her department as an incubus around the Departmental neck.出自： C. McCullough