- 口渴的 feeling thirst
- [P]渴望…的,渴求…的 having a strong desire for
"thirsty fields under a rainless sky"
feeling a need or desire to drink;
"after playing hard the children were thirsty"
(usually followed by `for') extremely desirous;
"athirst for knowledge"
"hungry for recognition"
"thirsty for informaton"
able to take in large quantities of moisture;
- He was thirsty for power.
- The thirsty man craved for water.
- Young man should be thirsty for knowledge.
- Tennis is a thirsty game on a hot day.
- They watered the thirsty fields.
- They all listened to the storyteller with thirsty ears.
- I'm thirsty; I would do with a drink.
- I feel thirsty when it's very hot.
- The ground was thirsty for rain.
- She was thirsty for news.
- The crew were thirsty for contact with the land.
- He is thirsty for fame.
- He is thirsty for power.
- Young people are generally thirsty for knowledge.
- He became thirsty with running.
- Salty food makes one thirsty.
- He said he talked himself thirsty and asked for a glass of water.
- thirsty用作形容词的基本意思是“口渴的”。修饰人时,在句中常用作表语; 修饰物时,意为“干旱的”或“令人口渴的”,在句中通常用作定语。