the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear
- We are determined to smash terrorism.
- Terrorism is a threat to the whole country.
- International terrorism is not just a recent phenomenon.
- The two states made a compact to co-operate against terrorism.
- We should not connive at terrorism.
- Terrorism has led to many deaths in the region.
- policy of terrorism 恐怖政策
All attempts to destroy democracy by terrorism will fail.出自：New York Times
Carvalho..has been freed after almost five years in prison on terrorism charges.出自：Japan Times