a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court)
(physiology) the process whereby multiple stimuli can produce a response (in a muscle or nerve or other part) that one stimulus alone does not produce
the final aggregate;
"the sum of all our troubles did not equal the misery they suffered"
the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers;
"the summation of four and three gives seven"
"four plus three equals seven"
- The defense attorney phrased his summation at last.
- What he said was a fair summation of the discussion.
- After a dramatic pause, the lawyer finished her summation.
- It is convenient to introduce here the summation operator.
- That means that we are going to need to "evaluate" this summation.
- The exhibition was a summation of his life's work.
- temporal summation 时间上的叠加,时间求...
- summation method 叠加法
- summation process 求和法
- summation curve 累计曲线
- summation instrument 总和仪表,总和器...
- repeated summation 累次求和,迭次求和...
- temperature summation 积温
- summation check 求和检查,总和校验,...
- partial summation 部分求和,和差变换...
- simultaneous summation 同时性叠加
- summation sign 总和符号,累加符号,...
- summation index 求和指数
- summation meter 累加计数器,总和计...
- summation metering 求和测量法
- summation effect 积和效应
- convolution summation [计] 卷积和
Happiness..is not composable of any summation of particular pleasures.出自： R. Bridges