- [C] 物质 a material
- [U] 主旨,要旨 the real meaning, without the unimportant details
- [U] 实质; 内容 importance, especially in relation to real life
the real physical matter of which a person or thing consists;
"DNA is the substance of our genes"
the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience;
"the gist of the prosecutor's argument"
"the heart and soul of the Republican Party"
"the nub of the story"
the idea that is intended;
"What is the meaning of this proverb?"
material of a particular kind or constitution;
"the immune response recognizes invading substances"
considerable capital (wealth or income);
"he is a man of means"
what a communication that is about something is about
a particular kind or species of matter with uniform properties;
"shigella is one of the most toxic substances known to man"
- The Substance and Prospect of "East China Sea" Dispute between China and Japan
- The emery is a hard metallic substance.
- Beware of what you do with this dangerous substance.
- Later he became a man of substance.
- There is not anything of real substance in their book.
- This argument has some substance.
- hard〔plastic〕 substance 坚硬〔可塑性强〕的物质
- without substance 毫无内容
Bigots..who hate sects..more than they love the substance of religion.出自： Burke
Trends that are the substance of journalism.出自： J. Cartwright