a detailed critical inspection
applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
a written document describing the findings of some individual or group
a state of deep mental absorption
a room used for reading and writing and studying
a branch of knowledge
preliminary drawing for later elaboration
attentive consideration and meditation
someone who memorizes quickly and easily (as the lines for a part in a play)
a composition intended to develop one aspect of the performer's technique
consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
be a student; follow a course of study; be enrolled at an institute of learning
give careful consideration to
be a student of a certain subject
learn by reading books
think intently and at length, as for spiritual purposes
- The warm weather seduced me away from my studies.
- He is a naturalist who studies animals and plants.
- He studies more than three times as hard as I.
- She studies three times as hard as I.
- He studies no less hard than John.
- I have talked with him this morning about his study.
- Her social life get in the way of her study.
- Austrian psychologist. He shared a1973 Nobel Prize for studies of individual and social behavior patterns.