a swift whirling motion (usually of a missile)
the act of rotating rapidly
a short drive in a car
rapid descent of an aircraft in a steep spiral
a distinctive interpretation (especially as used by politicians to sway public opinion)
- She spun round to catch the ball.
- He spun us this unlikely yarn about being trapped for hours in a broken lift.
- The little paper boat was caught in an eddy and spun round and round in the water.
- The beggar spun a long yarn about his misfortunes.
- Dancers spun in a swirl of skirts.