(biology) tiny fibers that are seen in cell division; the fibers radiate from two poles and meet at the equator in the middle;
"chromosomes are distributed by spindles in mitosis and meiosis"
a piece of wood that has been turned on a lathe; used as a baluster, chair leg, etc.
any of various rotating shafts that serve as axes for larger rotating parts
a stick or pin used to twist the yarn in spinning
any holding device consisting of a rigid, sharp-pointed object;
"the spike pierced the receipts and held them in order"
- The song of the spindle was silent.
- The girl's finger will be pricked by a spindle.
- The spindle seemed to be out of order.
- These form the poles of the developing spindle.
- Even from distance I can tell from the spindle figure that the approaching man is David.
- spindle tree [植]桃叶卫矛...
- spindle breaker 圆锥破碎机
- spindle press 枢轴上压机
- cutter spindle 镗杆,铣刀轴,刀杆轴...
- spindle sleeve 轴套,心轴套筒...
- curled spindle 滚压齿纹摘锭...
- wheel spindle 轮轴,砂轮主轴...
- spindle balance 轴平衡
- spindle oil 锭子油
- spindle drive 主轴传动机构...
- spindle bearing 锭轴承,环形轴承...
- spindle nose 轴头主轴端
- spindle guide 杆导,轴导
- tendon spindle 腱梭
- spindle cell 皮质层细胞,纺锤形细...
- vertical spindle 立式摘锭
- spindle box 主轴箱; 床头连接箱...
- tail spindle 顶尖轴, 尾架顶针套...
- spindle hole 主轴孔
- spindle head 主轴头,床头箱,轴头...