- [U] (英式)足球(运动) a game that is played between two teams of 11 players using a round ball that is kicked but not handled
a football game in which two teams of 11 players try to kick or head a ball into the opponents' goal
- People love to play soccer.
- The boy who is speaking to Helen enjoys playing soccer.
- The Government intends to clamp down on soccer hooliganism.
- In soccer, only the goal-keeper may play the ball with his hands.
- The old man put a veto on soccer in his garden.
- I had a game of soccer with the lads.
- There were other sports besides soccer.
- association football 英式足球