not the highest rank in a classification
not the highest quality in a classification
a class of accommodations on a ship or train or plane that are less expensive than first class accommodations
by second class conveyance;
"we traveled second class"
- A two-week return to Washington, second class, please.
- A second- class letter is slower than a first- class.
- Preferred forms of transportation run the gamut from rickshaws to first class Emirate Airways cabins.
- Flights are horribly crowded, food and beverage service has deteriorated in first class and virtually disappeared in coach, and the incidence of mislaid baggage has increased.
- second-class citizen 二等公民
Six second class cruisers..have been converted into mine-layers.出自：Quarterly Review
I drove..into a second class road that became acutely third class.出自： G. Black
Put a second class stamp on it and it may never get there.出自： G. Hammond