- n. 雕塑；雕刻
- v. 雕刻；雕塑；刻蚀；当雕刻师
- [U] 雕刻，雕塑 the art of shaping figures (e.g. people or things) out of stone,wood,metal,etc.
- [U] [C] 雕刻品 (a piece of) work produced by this art
a three-dimensional work of plastic art
creating figures or designs in three dimensions
create by shaping stone or wood or any other hard material;
"sculpt a swan out of a block of ice"
shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it;
"She is sculpting the block of marble into an image of her husband"
- He was a professor of sculpture at the Academy.
- The smooth contour of the sculpture is wonderful.
- She studied sculpture at art school.
- There are two horses sculptured in bronze at the gate.
- The water had sculptured the rocks into strange shapes.
- He was studying painting and sculpture.
- His sculpture of a horse won first prize.
I had never felt any desire to make relief sculpture.出自： H. Moore
A solo exhibition of her sculpture.出自： J. F. Hendry
Antique vases..on which are sculptured bacchanalian orgies.出自： M. Gardiner
The snakes sculptured on the top round the hollow cup.出自： J. E. Harrison
- sculptural adj. 雕刻的