- n. 抄写员；书记员；作家；新闻记者；划线器
- v. 抄写；划线
French playwright (1791-1861)
informal terms for journalists
someone employed to make written copies of documents and manuscripts
a sharp-pointed awl for marking wood or metal to be cut
score a line on with a pointed instrument, as in metalworking
- The scribe worked hard to support his family.
- Miss Li acts as a scribe at such a conference.
- Timothy Matlack was the official scribe of the Continental Congress.
- The scribe is a sedentary worker.
- The officer who was bribed feared that the scribe would disclose what he did.
- Students will be asked to scribe lecture notes.
- This empty tissue box makes me to scribe lines easy.
No great scribe; rather handling the pen like the pocket-staff he carries about with him.出自： Dickens
This patch..scribed with tracks cut through scrub..by men with wheel-barrows.出自： fig.