- vt. 得分；获胜；刻划；划线；批评；给 ... 谱曲
- n. 得分；刻痕；二十；乐谱
- vi. 得分；记分；得胜
- =Service Corps of Retired Executives 退休官员勤务队
- [C] 二十 set or group of twenty; very much
- [C] 得分,分数 number of points, goals, marks, etc.
- [C] 划痕,刻痕 cut, scratch or scrape on a surface
- vt. & vi. 得分 gain points, goals, etc.(in a sport, game, competition, examination, etc.)
- vi. 记分 record the score of a sports match as it is played
a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance);
"she made good marks in algebra"
"grade A milk"
"what was your score on your homework?"
a written form of a musical composition; parts for different instruments appear on separate staves on large pages;
"he studied the score of the sonata"
a number that expresses the accomplishment of a team or an individual in a game or contest;
"the score was 7 to 0"
a set of twenty members;
"a score were sent out but only one returned"
"don't do it on my account"
"the paper was rejected on account of its length"
"he tried to blame the victim but his success on that score was doubtful"
the facts about an actual situation;
"he didn't know the score"
an amount due (as at a restaurant or bar);
"add it to my score and I'll settle later"
a slight surface cut (especially a notch that is made to keep a tally)
a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation;
"holding a grudge"
"settling a score"
the act of scoring in a game or sport;
"the winning score came with less than a minute left to play"
a seduction culminating in sexual intercourse;
"calling his seduction of the girl a `score' was a typical example of male slang"
gain points in a game;
"The home team scored many times"
"He hit a home run"
"He hit .300 in the past season"
make small marks into the surface of;
"score the clay before firing it"
make underscoring marks
write a musical score for
induce to have sex;
"Harry finally seduced Sally"
"Did you score last night?"
"Harry made Sally"
get a certain number or letter indicating quality or performance;
"She scored high on the SAT"
"He scored a 200"
assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation;
"score the SAT essays"
- Hughes scored two goals before half-time.
- The army continued to score successes in the south.
- They scored the floor-boards by pushing furniture about.
- could you please score my name off?
- Critics scored him for his foolishness.
- He learned how to score a musical composition.
- I recorded the score in a notebook.
- There are deep scores on the rock.
- He bought two score of apples yesterday.
- Look at the score and try to play that song.
- This is continued until a complete score is written.
- The home team has yet to score.
- Who is going to score for both sides?
- That is where you score over others.
- I walked a score of miles.
- There was barely a score of people there.
- He bought three score and ten eggs in the market.
- The slave's back showed scores made by the whip.
- There's a bad score on that table.
- He marks the score in the basketball match.
- His goal levelled the scores of the two teams.
- The visitors evened up the score with an unexpected goal two minutes before half-time.
- Smith's goal evened the score.
- Our team equalled the other team's score, and the game ended in a tie.
- The score seesawed.
- The score stood at one-nil with a minute left in the game.
- How does the score stand?
- After the first round of darts he had a score of 45.
- Our team won by a score of five to two.
- The score was leveled three times.
- The skier's brilliant performance earned him the highest score of the day.
- The final score at the football match was 3-2.
- The half-time score was 2-1.
- What's the score?
- His total score was one hundred and fifty five.
- We won by a lopsided score.
- They won the game with the score of seven to three.
- My score on the test was 95.
- His score on the reading test last year was very disappointing.
- Who can really tell you the score?
- He writes his own scripts and composes the scores.
- I have to pay off this score before spending any more money.
- Who wrote the film score?
- There are some old scores between them.
- He wrote scores for many hit musicals.
- Who is going to score?
- The home team didn't score.
- He scored one goal.
- Daff scored two goals before half-time.
- We scored a point.
- In American football, a touchdown scores six points.
- Did you score 100 on the test?
- The Japanese judge scored him 15.
- In darts, a bull's-eye scores you 50 points.
- The referee scored five points for him.
- The referee scored five points to him.
- by the score〔by scores〕
大量地,大批地 a lot of
- in scores
很多地,大批地 a lot of
- keep the score
比赛时记分; 记录 record the points
- know the score
了解事情真相 know what the score is
- make a score off
在辩论中占上风 have an advantage in debate
- on more scores than one
为了种种理由 for some reasons
- on this score
在这一点上,在这一方面 on this point
- scores of
大量的,许许多多的 lots of
- settle a score
清账,报复 settle old bill
- score for (v.+prep.)
谱曲 set words to music
score sth for sth
The piece is scored for piano, strings and drums.
- score off1 (v.+adv.)
使出丑; 驳倒 defeat sb in an argument; make sb appear foolish by a witty or unkind remark, or by one's own success
score sb ⇔ off
She enjoys trying to score off other people.
It's not difficult to score off Jim in an argument.
- score off2 (v.+prep.)
从…得分 make runs from a bowler or his bowling
score sth off sb/sth
It's possible to score six runs off a single ball, if you hit it far and high enough.
Richards scored a century off Willis and Botham.
- score out (v.+adv.)
划去 cancel sth by drawing a line through it
score sth ⇔ out
Score out the last name,I no longer intend to invite her.
He scored out both calculations and did them again.
- score up (v.+adv.)
score sth ⇔ up
The youngest player scored up an unexpected fifty runs.
Now we can score up another victory for our team.
- achieve a score 得分
- count a score 计分
- get a score 得分
- have a score 得分
- keep the score 记分
- level the score 把比分扳平
- make a good score 得分多
- mark the score 记分
- know the score 了解真相
- pay one's score 付清账
- run up a score 欠账
- wipe off an old score 报宿怨,雪旧仇
- play a score 弹奏乐谱
- write a score 写一份乐谱
- close score 比分接近
- even score 相同的得分
- final score 最后比分
- good score 好分数
- perfect score 满分
- the last score 最后一分
- total score 总分
- old score 旧账,宿怨
- full score 总谱
- score to clear off 要算清的旧债
- by a score 以…的得分
- by scores 不少,许多
- win by a score of ten to nine 以十比九得胜
- on a score 在某一方面
- on this score 在这一点上
- score in the tennis final 网球决赛的比分
- score of 45 得分是45分
- score in the test 考试成绩
- score between… 之间的宿怨
- scores of 许许多多的,大批的
- scores of pain and sorrow 愁苦的痕迹
- scores of people 几十个人
- scores on that table 那张桌上的划痕
- score high 得分高
- score low 得分低
- score deftly 熟练地记分
- score precisely 准确地记分
- score repeatedly 重复记分
- score off 驳倒
- score out that last name 把最后的那个名字划掉
'She ain't even taught you how to screw,' Esmeralda said, pleased to have an additional score on Candy.sss sssA. E. Housman出自： J. Updike
The..ground is covered with scores of..wild flowers.出自： O. Sitwell
Interviews with two score discovered clients.出自： M. Kenyon
The car..turned.., deeply scoring the gravel.出自： E. Bowen
It had always been a pasture,..but it was scored by..little footpaths.出自： A. Uttley
The blade scored it with a dreadful gash, but those..folds could not be pierced.出自： Tolkien
- score还可作“欠账; 宿怨; 乐曲,配乐; 真相”等解。
- score作“二十”解时,有两个复数形式,即score或scores; scores of后接可数名词的复数形式,表示数量之多,而不表示具体的数目。
- score用作及物动词时,接名词作宾语,还可接双宾语,其间接宾语可转化为for/to介词短语(转化为to的较少见),可用于被动结构。用作不及物动词时,常跟副词out, up或介词for, over连用。
- Some scores of people have been forced to abandon their homes and native villages.
- Scores of people have been forced to aban- don their homes and native villages.
- The score stood five to three.
- The score stood five-three.
- The score stood at five to three.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的scoru，意为二十；最初源自古北欧语的skor，意为痕迹，计算。