extremely harmful; bringing physical or financial ruin;
"a catastrophic depression"
"a ruinous course of action"
causing injury or blight; especially affecting with sudden violence or plague or ruin;
"the blasting effects of the intense cold on the budding fruit"
"the blasting force of the wind blowing sharp needles of sleet in our faces"
"a ruinous war"
- The snow is ruinous to the trees.
- The decision was to prove ruinous.
- There was no use selling at ruinous figures.
- The prices in that restaurant are absolutely ruinous.
- They took a ruinous expenditure on the house.
The weather had broken up the mountains into ruinous heaps出自： J. Tyndall