the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another
representation consisting of a copy (as of an engraving) made by laying paper over something and rubbing it with charcoal
effort expended in moving one object over another with pressure
- Rubbing stones together produces sparks to start a fire.
- Constant rubbing will fray even the thickest rope.
- If you keep rubbing, the paint will come off.
- The wheel's rubbing on the mudguard.
- In his job he's rubbing shoulders with film stars all the time.
- The rubbing must have worked.
- As I came by them, he was rubbing it in your brother.
- A small cube of chalk used in rubbing the tip of a billiard or pool cue to increase its friction with the cue ball.
- rubbing alcohol 外用酒精
- surgical spirit 消毒用酒精
- brass rubbing 拓印品
- rub 擦
- rubbing fastness 耐摩擦程度
- rubbing varnish 可打磨清漆
- rubbing factor 摩擦因数
- rubbing board 擦菜板
- rubbing area 摩擦面积
- rubbing strake 船底外板
- rubbing block 粗纹石板
- rubbing stone 异型磨石,细粒磨石...
- rubbing machine 摩擦机,搓擦机...
- rubbing reflex 摩擦反射
- rubbing strip 腰带
- rubbing contact 滑动接点
- rubbing surface 摩擦面
- rubbing drum 搓擦滚筒
- rubbing speed 摩擦速度
- rubbing effect 摩擦作用