- n. 抑制；压抑；镇压
- [U]压抑；约束；抑制；镇压 the stopping of some action or feeling;oppression
a state of forcible subjugation;
"the long repression of Christian sects"
(psychiatry) the classical defense mechanism that protects you from impulses or ideas that would cause anxiety by preventing them from becoming conscious
the act of repressing; control by holding down;
"his goal was the repression of insolence"
- The repression of one's true feelings is wrong.
- His goal was the repression of insolence.
- His repression broke out.
- The repression of your true feelings is harmful to your health.
- The government's repression of the strike failed.
- Repression made him behave worse.