an abatement in intensity or degree (as in the manifestations of a disease);
"his cancer is in remission"
a payment of money sent to a person in another place
(law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
the act of absolving or remitting; formal redemption as pronounced by a priest in the sacrament of penance
- Remission of sins is promised to those who repent.
- Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
- This is his second remission from his illness.
- The company gained remission from tax payments.
- He got a remission of six months.
Children punished by mistake are promised a remission of next offence.出自： Browning