the process of showing signs of life;
"the quickening of seed that will become ripe grain"
the stage of pregnancy at which the mother first feels the movements of the fetus
the act of accelerating; increasing the speed
- With the quickening of the urban modernization, the city scale of Qingdao expands rapidly.
- Along with the quickening of urbanization, the number of farmers who have lost their land is increasing day by day.
- Let us believe that God's Word is indeed full of a quickening power that will make us strong, gladly to expect and receive great things from God.
- In the increased vibration, the quickening of movement of the molecular structure allows for the records to be reviewed and then released and erased for good.
- This so called quickening was formerly believed to be the moment when life entered the new body.
- quicken 使加快