"I couldn't get across the message"
"He put over the idea very well"
hold back to a later time;
"let's postpone the exam"
- A wagon rumbled over the ground.
- It's a snowmobile, a loud, polluting conveyance that zips quickly over snow and ice.
- It has possibly been stopped over by the fog.
- It won't do to let it stand over as tomorrow is Sunday.
- Cathy washed her hair and put it up in pin curls.
- Put the bread under the grill to make toast.
- He tried to put his identity across the policeman.
- She put it across me by selling me some bad eggs.