established beyond doubt;
"a proven liar"
"a Soviet leader of proven shrewdness"
- This old pot was proved to be perfect by flaw detection.
- At the same time, the pathogeny was proved as mycoplasma.
- The prediction of incremental proved reserves is important for decision making in petroleum exploration.
- Exploration results have proved that newly found reservoirs are largely dist ributed in the laumontite secondary pore zone.
- He had proved himself a most daring airman.
- The facts proved her assumption wrong.