something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings
the condition of being protuberant; the condition of bulging out
- The diseased trees are marked by protuberances on their bark.
- Ovary with semitransparent, powdery protuberances.
- The diseased trees are marked by protuberances on their trunks.
- African wild swine with warty protuberances on the face and large protruding tusks.
- Characterized by or having many nodes or protuberances,jointed or knobby at intervals.
- One of the natural protuberances on the human skull, considered to have significance in phrenology.