at an earlier time or formerly;
"she had previously lived in Chicago"
"he was previously president of a bank"
"better than anything previously proposed"
"a previously unquestioned attitude"
- Previously he was obviously envious of my success.
- His statement ran athwart what was previously said.
- The land previously cultivated returned to forest.
- Who previously held the record?
- They had officially retired ten years previously.
- I had visited them three days previously.
- However, judgments previously rendered shall not be affected.
The fiddlers were doing the up bow-stroke previously to..the opening chord.出自： T. Hardy
A despair greater than any she had previously felt.出自： L. Appignanesi