- [C]前任，前辈 person who held an office or position before sb else
- [C](被取代的)原有事物，前身 thing that has been followed or replaced by sth else
one who precedes you in time (as in holding a position or office)
something that precedes and indicates the approach of something or someone
- The Yunxian Man fossil skull is believed by scientists to belong to homo erectus, a predecessor of homo sapiens that walked on their two legs with an upright body posture.
- Recently unearthed fossils trace whales to a doglike predecessor of hoofed plant-eaters, and genetic analysis has identified hippos as whales' closest living relatives.
- He undid most of the good work of his predecessor.
- Our new doctor is much younger than his predecessor.
- My prest car is much better than its predecessor .
- The subsequent model is a reflection of its predecessor in design.
- As a scholar he is not in the same street with his predecessors.
- Will new plan be any more acceptable than its predecessors?
Eadmer's immediate predecessor in the see of St. Andrews was Turgot.出自： G. L. Craik
Nicholas II..travelled more than any of his predecessors.出自： A. N. Wilson
- forerunner 先驱
- ancestor 祖宗
- antecedent 前情
- leader 领袖
- precursor 先驱
- prototype 原型
- forefather 祖先
- parent 父母
- harbinger 先驱
- herald 使者
- successor 接班人