- [C]招贴,海报 large placard displayed in a public place
- [C]印成的大幅画 large printed picture
a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement;
"a poster advertised the coming attractions"
someone who pastes up bills or placards on walls or billboards
a horse kept at an inn or post house for use by mail carriers or for rent to travelers
- The lettering on the poster is very eye-catching.
- The poster only stayed up a few hours before it was stolen.
- He put up a poster advertising the circus.
- The poster wouldn't stick even though I drenched it with glue.
- Have you seen their poster?
- The poster had been ripped to pieces.
- Her bedroom is covered with posters.
- There are many posters in the big beautiful city.
- The poster had been nipped to pieces.
- He put up a poster on the notice board.
- This room is hung with posters.
Posters..announcing..a public meeting.出自： E. Longford
A vintage year for London Underground posters.出自： M. Gardiner