- [C]搬运工人 person whose job is carrying people's baggage and other loads
- [C]门卫 doorman
a person employed to carry luggage and supplies
someone who guards an entrance
United States writer of novels and short stories (1890-1980)
United States composer and lyricist of musical comedies (1891-1946)
United States writer of short stories whose pen name was O. Henry (1862-1910)
a railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars)
a very dark sweet ale brewed from roasted unmalted barley
carry luggage or supplies;
"They portered the food up Mount Kilimanjaro for the tourists"
- Did you remember to tip the porter?
- The porter will carry your luggage to your room.
- The porter was weighed down by all the luggage.
- The porter ushered us into the waiting room.
- He once worked as porter in a commercial bank.
- The hotel porter will call a taxi for you.
- I had forgotten all about Mr. Porter.
- Porter revealed the true complexity of cell structure.
- I tipped the porter 50p.
- The hotel porter will help you.
Like a porter in a great house, ever nearest the door.出自： Donne
God hath set that grim porter, Death.出自： fig.
A porter carried Bill's bags in from the consigne.出自： E. Hemingway