somewhat ill or prone to illness;
"my poor ailing grandmother"
"feeling a bit indisposed today"
"you look a little peaked"
"a sickly child"
"is unwell and can't come to work"
(`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well;
"he was ill prepared"
"it ill befits a man to betray old friends"
"the car runs badly"
"he performed badly on the exam"
"the team played poorly"
"an ill-conceived plan"
- The widow and children are very poorly off.
- These streets are very poorly lit.
- These fruit trees yielded poorly last year.
- They were all feeling very poorly.
- My daughter's a bit poorly today, so she didn't go to school.
- poorly off 贫困的(没钱的)...
- poorly differentiated 低分化的, 分化不良...
- poorly carbonated juice 未饱充汁
- poorly heated 加热不好的
- very poorly drained 排水极劣
- poorly nourished [医] 营养不良的...
- poorly attenuating yeast 低发酵力酵母...
- poorly sorted 分选差的
- poorly graded 分选差的
- play one's cards poorly 做事不慎重
- be poorly off 生活贫困
- be poorly mounted 骑着劣马
- think poorly of 对 ... 评价低...
His exhibitions had been poorly attended.出自： T. Callender
The poorly-lit back street.出自： D. Francis
No neighbours who would..talk poorly of them for not going.出自： M. Binchy
All jobs in publishing were greatly sought after, and, perhaps consequently, poorly paid.出自： M. Spark
- ailing 生病的
- badly 差的
- under the weather 不舒服
- ill 坏的
- unwell 不舒服的
- inadequately 不够地
- weakly 虚弱地
- feebly 贫乏地
- scantily 不够地
- defectively 有缺陷地
- unsuccessfully 失败地
- disappointingly 使人失望地
- sick 有病的
- out of sorts 身体不适
- below par 低于票面价值(不适)...
- off-colour 颜色不佳的
- off-color 颜色不佳的
- seedy 褴褛的
- sickly 病弱的
- indisposed 不愿意的
- peaked 有遮檐的