- [C]警察 male member of the police force
a member of a police force;
"it was an accident, officer"
- The policeman watched his quarry go into a bar.
- The wounded policeman is now out of danger.
- He was arrested by policemen for theft.
- Policemen have authority to arrest lawbreakers.
- The policeman confronted the driver with a summons.
- The policeman wouldn't have believed me if you hadn't backed me up.
- The policeman can not be corrupted.
- The policeman dispelled the crowd lest they should brew trouble.
- The policeman brought in two boys whom he had caught stealing.
- The policeman has caught the murderer alive .
- The policeman said,“I must caution you that anything you say may be used against you at your trial”.
- The policeman chewed the driver up yesterday for reckless driving.
- The policeman cautioned me for speeding.
- The policeman cautioned that angry driver.
- The policemen burst in on the thief's house at midnight.
- The policemen found that the house had been broken into and everything stolen.
- The policemen broke in and found the old man dead in his chair.
- The thief tried to buy the policeman off, but he did not succeed.
- He tried to bribe the policeman not to arrest him.
- Did you ask the policeman the way to the station?
- The thief bolted when he saw the policeman.
- The unruly youths soon cleared off when they saw the policeman coming.
- As soon as the policeman went away, he was able to breathe again.
- Suddenly I saw a tall figure approaching toward the policeman.
- The criminal broke away from the policemen who were holding him.
- The policemen caught up with a robber according to a retired worker's report.
- He was sent to prison for trying to corrupt a policeman.
- A policeman can compel obedience to the law.
- The policemen's attention was caught by something protruding from the man's pocket.
- If you refuse to answer a policeman's questions, you are said to have obstructed him in the course of his duty.