(baseball) the person who does the pitching;
"our pitcher has a sore arm"
an open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
the quantity contained in a pitcher
(botany) a leaf that that is modified in such a way as to resemble a pitcher or ewer
the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit;
"he has played every position except pitcher"
"they have a southpaw on the mound"
- The pitcher contains enough water for all of us.
- If you would be busy and fill your pitcher,come,O come to my lake.
- The pitcher retired three batters.
- But even in victory, another pitcher was lost.
- The insect is trapped and drowns in the water and digestive juices at the bottom of the pitcher.
- In Borneo and Malaysia, the Nepenthes pitcher plant traps insects using a jug-shaped attachment, or pitcher, at the end of its leaves.
- pitcher plant [植]猪笼草
- relief pitcher (棒球)替补投手...
- starting pitcher 开局投手
- water pitcher 供液壶,大水瓶...
- pitcher pump 浅井手摇泵
- unorthodox pitcher 左手投手
- wild pitcher 暴投球的投手...
- pitcher in the hole 投手在投球计数上失利...
- hit by pitcher 击球员被击中...
- winning pitcher 胜队投手
- regular pitcher 正式投手
- leading pitcher 主力投手
- submarine pitcher 低手投球投手...
- murder a pitcher 打出许多安打...
- Little pitchers have large ears. 小孩子耳朵长（指当心...
- jug 水壶
- Little pitchers have long ears. 小孩耳朵长。...
- Pitchers have ears. (谚)隔墙有耳。...
I circle the table with the china pitcher of foaming cider.出自： W. Styron
- jug 水壶
- decanter (用来倾倒的)玻璃瓶...
- carafe 卡夫卡瓶
- mound 土墩
- ewer 大口水罐
- hurler 投掷者
- twirler 指挥女郎
- pitcherful 一水壶量
- catcher 捕手