- [C]哲学家 a person who studies, has much knowledge of, and usually teaches philosophy
- [C]豁达的人 person whose mind is untroubled by passions and hardships
a specialist in philosophy
a wise person who is calm and rational; someone who lives a life of reason with equanimity
- He represented himself as a philosopher.
- The philosopher speculated about time and space.
- Mencius was a famous ancient Chinese philosopher.
- I do not agree, for instance, that he is a philosopher, or a thinker.
- He is a philosopher without any sad emotions.
- A few years after his graduation from a university the man acquired the reputation of being a philosopher.
- If you've had as much trouble as I've had in my life, you need to be a bit of a philosopher.