- [C]画家 a person who paints pictures; artist
- [C]油漆匠 a person whose job is painting houses, rooms, etc.
an artist who paints
a worker who is employed to cover objects with paint
a line that is attached to the bow of a boat and used for tying up (as when docking or towing)
large American feline resembling a lion
- He is an amateur painter.
- The painter stretched the canvas on a frame.
- He was an unknown painter one year ago.
- The painter pitched the ladder against the wall.
- Raphael was a famous painter.
- Her face will delight the painter's brush.
- He's a house painter.