an unrestrained expression of emotion
a sudden intense happening;
"an outburst of heavy rain"
"a burst of lightning"
a sudden violent disturbance
- His rash outburst incurred the displeasure of the judge.
- The President's arrival was the signal for an outburst of cheering.
- That outburst was a typical example of his lack of self-control.
- She was contrite the whole morning after her angry outburst.
- I apologize for my outburst just now.
- He controlled a meeting so skillfully that there was very rarely an outburst.