of or relating to or characterized by onomatopoeia
(of words) formed in imitation of a natural sound;
"onomatopoeic words are imitative of noises"
"it was independently developed in more than one place as an onomatopoetic term"
- Gao is the Japanese onomatopoeia for a roar.
- Onomatopoeia is a disease all LOST writers suffer from.
- Some say that is the process of making the sound onomatopoeia.
- Onomatopoeia and mimetic words are a striking feature of Japanese vocabulary.
- Onomatopoeia is one of the most popular and original methods of rhetoric.
- Up to now,the parts of speech and grammatical function of Chinese onomatopoetic words remain controversial.