- [U]疏忽，粗心大意 failure to take enough care over sth that you are responsible for
failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances
the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
- He was sharply reprimanded for his negligence.
- The accident was due to her negligence.
- His negligence was nothing less than criminal.
- He dressed with easy negligence.
- He was dismissed on the grounds of negligence.
- The accident was due to negligence.
Imputing every deficience to criminal negligence.出自： S. Johnson
Leaving things lying aboutsa habit of infuriating negligence.出自： E. Taylor
The accident was clearly caused by negligence.出自：Which?
- negligence, neglect
- 1.neglect往往着重指行动有“该做而没做”的含意,针对“疏忽或弃置工作”而言,表示有意识地明知故犯; negligence特指人或团体对工作的态度不认真,或责任心不强,疏忽大意、粗心等,往往有经常不注意的意思,表示习性。
- 2.若指人的外表时, neglect是“疏忽”意味较强的用法,表示“邋遢,不整洁的仪表”; negligence只是指“不追求时髦,不专心打扮”。