needy people collectively;
"they try to help the needy"
poor enough to need help from others
demanding or needing attention, affection, or reassurance to an excessive degree
- There are many needy families in our village.
- He deems it his duty to help his needy friends.
- The rich man gave much food to needy people.
- The government has worked out a plan of succoring the needy.
- He is so needy in his emotions that he can't deal well with his relationship with his girlfriend.
Parcels from America were still distributed..for needy victims of war.出自： Z. Tomin
I supported him financially whenever he was very needy.出自： M. M. R. Khan