a quantity of no importance;
"it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"
"reduced to nil all the work we had done"
"we racked up a pathetic goose egg"
"it was all for naught"
"I didn't hear zilch about it"
"all my efforts led to naught"
- His crime has gained him naught.
- I hope that all your effort will not go for naught.
- His efforts were brought to naught when the war broke out.
- All our victories are set at naught if we lose sight of our principles.
- All his work came to naught when the fire destroyed the house he was building.
- Without judicial review, statutory limits would be naught but empty words.
He shall show naught of unrest to the curious.出自： M. Twain