state of sorrow over the death or departure of a loved one
the passionate and demonstrative activity of expressing grief
sorrowful through loss or deprivation;
"bereft of hope"
- He wore crape as a sign of mourning.
- The mourning hall was filled with a solemn silence.
- It was a day of national mourning with flags flying at half-mast everwhere.
- When grandmother died they went into (ie started to wear) mourning.
- The bereaved is/are still in mourning.
Bury the Great Duke To the noise of the mourning of a mighty nation.出自： Tennyson
Theatres..did not reopen until the official period of mourning ended.出自： H. R. Landon