- v. 修改；更改；缓和；修饰
- vt. & vi. 修改,更改 change (a plan, an opinion , a condition, or the form or quality of sth), especially slightly
- vt. 修饰,限定 describe or limit the meaning of
make less severe or harsh or extreme;
"please modify this letter to make it more polite"
"he modified his views on same-gender marriage"
add a modifier to a constituent
cause to change; make different; cause a transformation;
"The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"
"The discussion has changed my thinking about the issue"
- We have to modify our plan a little bit.
- The policy was agreed by the committee, but only in a modified form.
- The union has been forced to slightly modify its position.
- He'll have to modify his views if he wants to be elected.
- Adverbs modify verbs and adjectives.
There is generally a light breeze to modify the heat.出自： J. Lang
The agents which are now at work in modifying the crust of the earth.出自： T. H. Huxley
Freddie..did in fact modify her behaviour.出自： P. Fitzgerald
The company has concentrated on modifying cars developed by Renault for the American market.出自：New York Times
One of our tested sets..can be modified to run off a..battery.出自：Which?