(genetics) cell division that produces reproductive cells in sexually reproducing organisms; the nucleus divides into four nuclei each containing half the chromosome number (leading to gametes in animals and spores in plants)
understatement for rhetorical effect (especially when expressing an affirmative by negating its contrary);
"saying `I was not a little upset' when you mean `I was very upset' is an example of litotes"
- Abnormal meiosis also was observed.
- Meiosis of microspore mother cells is synchronous or unsynchronous.
- zygotic meiosis 合子减数分裂...
- meiosis stage 减数分裂期
- twin meiosis 双减数分裂
- meiosis anaphase [医] 减数分裂后期...
- metaphase of second meiosis 第二次成熟分裂中期...
- colchicine-blocked meiosis 秋水仙碱阻断减数分裂...
- meiosis prophase [医] 减数分裂前期...
- male meiosis 雄性减数分裂...
- meiosis metaphase [医] 减数分裂中期...
- metaphase of first meiosis 第一次成熟分裂中期...