the willful and unlawful crippling or mutilation of another person
violent and needless disturbance
- The kids began to create mayhem in the garden.
- There was absolute mayhem when everyone tried to get out at once.
- There was absolute mayhem when the cow got into the village hall.
- Hidden beneath the overall drop in homicide and other violent crime is a soaring rate of mayhem among teenagers.
- He has been held on suspicion of mayhem, torture and other charges.
The ability to work at his desk in the middle of domestic mayhem.出自： H. Carpenter
It was mayhem on the motorway, which was blocked off to allow emergency services to reach the scene.出自：Daily Express