a diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it)
(mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- She mapped out her ideas on the new project.
- He's already mapped out his whole future career.
- Scientists are trying to map the surface of the moon.
- Concerned over the decline in influence of his committee, he has plans to put it back on the map.
- Italian-born Jesuit missionary who explored and mapped much of the American Southwest and Mexico.