- n. 许多；大量；抽签；签；命运；一块地；拍卖品；一类或一些(人或物)；批；套；份儿
- adv. 很；非常
- v. 划分；分配
- [U]许多,大量 very much
- [C]签;抽签 any of a set of objects of different sizes with different markings used for making a choice or decision by chance
- [U]命运;运气 fate;fortune
- [C]一块地,场地 an area of land
(often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent;
"a batch of letters"
"a deal of trouble"
"a lot of money"
"he made a mint on the stock market"
"see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"
"it must have cost plenty"
"a slew of journalists"
"a wad of money"
a parcel of land having fixed boundaries;
"he bought a lot on the lake"
an unofficial association of people or groups;
"the smart set goes there"
"they were an angry lot"
your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you);
"whatever my fortune may be"
"deserved a better fate"
"has a happy lot"
"the luck of the Irish"
"a victim of circumstances"
"success that was her portion"
anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random;
"the luck of the draw"
"they drew lots for it"
any collection in its entirety;
"she bought the whole caboodle"
(Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
divide into lots, as of land, for example
administer or bestow, as in small portions;
"administer critical remarks to everyone present"
"dole out some money"
"shell out pocket money for the children"
"deal a blow to someone"
"the machine dispenses soft drinks"
- It takes a lot of labor to build a railway.
- She had a lot of problems to contend with.
- The flood did a lot of damage to the crops.
- This firm prints a lot of musical and sports books.
- She was chosen by lot to represent us.
- They drew lots to decide which of them should go first.
- We worked hard to better the lot of the needy.
- He gardened the lot behind his house.
- Lot 99 is a pair of antique vases.
- The first lot of visitors has arrived.
- The next lot of young soldiers are to come up next week.
- I have several lots of essays to mark this weekend.
- I'm feeling a lot better today.
- man's lot 人类的命运
Each markt his lot, and cast it in, to Agamemnons caske.出自： G. Chapman
They now drew lots for the watches.出自： Tolkien