of the distant or comparatively distant past;
"We met once long ago"
"they long ago forsook their nomadic life"
"left for work long ago"
"he has long since given up mountain climbing"
"This name has long since been forgotten"
- He would have sold the property long ago had it not been entailed.
- Time and weather had long ago effaced the inscription on the monument.
- Amber is the resin of pine trees that grew very very long ago.
- An ancient record-player ground out some tune long ago.
- Long ago; long since.
- Long ago enormous animals lived on the earth.
- long since 很久以前