- 卡住，塞住， 煞住
- vt. & vi. 锁住,锁上 fasten a door with a lock;become fixed
- vt. & vi. (使)固定 (cause to) become fixed, unable to move
- [C]锁 an apparatus for closing and fastening sth, usually, by means of a key
- [C]水闸,船闸 a stretch of water closed off by gates, especially on a canal, so that the water level can be raised or lowered to move boats up or down a slope
- [C][U](头发的)一缕 a small piece of hair
a fastener fitted to a door or drawer to keep it firmly closed
a strand or cluster of hair
a mechanism that detonates the charge of a gun
enclosure consisting of a section of canal that can be closed to control the water level; used to raise or lower vessels that pass through it
a restraint incorporated into the ignition switch to prevent the use of a vehicle by persons who do not have the key
any wrestling hold in which some part of the opponent's body is twisted or pressured
fasten with a lock;
"lock the bike to the fence"
"engaged the gears"
become rigid or immoveable;
"The therapist noticed that the patient's knees tended to lock in this exercise"
hold in a locking position;
"He locked his hands around her neck"
become engaged or intermeshed with one another;
"They were locked in embrace"
hold fast (in a certain state);
"He was locked in a laughing fit"
place in a place where something cannot be removed or someone cannot escape;
"The parents locked her daughter up for the weekend"
"She locked her jewels in the safe"
pass by means through a lock in a waterway
build locks in order to facilitate the navigation of vessels
- He chiseled a hole in the door to fit a new lock.
- Water went rushing through the lock gates.
- He keeps a lock of her hair.
- The ship was locked in the ice through the winter.
- Be sure to lock your bicycle.
- You should lock the jewels (up) in a safe.
- She locked her child in her arms.
- The ship locked into the canal.
- The safe locks easily.
- This trunk won't lock.
- This suitcase won't lock because it is too full.
- I can't control the car, the wheels have locked.
- The wheel locked when he braked and the car skidded.
- Be sure to lock the warehouse when you leave.
- Race locked the door and took the key with him.
- He locked the rear wheel of the bike to prevent it from being stolen.
- The students locked arms and sang the school song.
- We should avoid locking the stable door after the horse has been stolen.
- The door was locked and we were unable to enter.
- He pulled the door, but the door was locked.
- One of the bedrooms was locked and a low moan came from it.
- He had overlooked the fact that the back door was not locked.
- Her jaws were tightly locked.
- I have a secret safely locked in my breast.
- This lock is damaged.This door will never open!
- Something has gone wrong with the lock;it won't work.
- He found the thieves were forcing the lock of the jewel case.
- He lost his temper when he broke the key in the lock.
- I can't force the key into this lock, it won't work.
- She has a lock but she bought another one as an additional insurance against thieves.
- Each drawer was fitted with a lock.
- In ideological work, we must learn to open different locks with different keys because a method that answers with one person may not answer with another.
- After the burglary she had all the locks changed.
- The ship passed through a lock in a canal.
- The lock keeper closed the lock gates.
- She keeps a lock of his hair.
- He gazed in the mirror at his greying locks.
- lock away (v.+adv.)
把(某物)锁起来 keep sth safe under lock and key
lock sth ⇔ away
She locked her memories of him away in her heart.
This is too valuable to be left lying about, lock it away somewhere.
The prisoner is securely locked away.
Don't worry, the dangerous criminals have all been locked away.
- lock in1 (v.+adv.)
使固定 become fixed, unable to move
- lock in2 (v.+prep.)
把…锁在…内 keep sb/sth safe under lock and key
lock sb/oneself/sth in sth
Tom has locked himself in his room and refuses to speak to any member of the family.
Although the jewels were locked in a strong box, the thieves stole them without any difficulty.
- lock out (v.+adv.)
关在外边,不准(某人)进入… prevent sb, oneself, or sth from entering a room or building, with a lock and key
lock sb/oneself ⇔ out
The management has locked the men out.
I locked myself out by mistake.
The men were locked out in response to their refusal to operate the new machines.
- lock up (v.+adv.)
将(某人或某物)锁住〔关押〕 keep sth safe under lock and key;prevent sb from escaping;put sb in prison or a hospital
lock sb/sth ⇔ up
Will you lock up the house, please?
He locked up the jewels in a box.
I always lock up my money in a strong box.
People usually lock up the house before they go to bed at night.
I can't imagine how the rain got in, because we had locked up all the windows tightly.
They have locked up all their capital in that enterprise.
They have locked the prisoners up in their cell.
She's crazy;she ought to be locked up.
He's been locked up for receiving stolen goods.
When he became violent, the drunk was taken to the police station and locked up for the night.
The idea is locked up in his brains.We know nothing.
All my money has been locked up in property for the last ten years.
The idea of being locked up in jail filled her with horror.
- lock, stock and barrel
- under lock and key
锁藏于建筑物〔集装箱、房间〕之中 in a locked building〔container,room〕
- lock automatically 自动地锁
- lock briefly 简洁地锁
- lock carefully 仔细地锁
- lock cautiously 小心地锁
- lock discreetly 慎重地锁
- lock half-heartedly 马虎地锁
- lock hastily 仓促地锁
- lock mechanically 机械地锁
- lock modestly 谨慎地锁
- lock nervously 紧张地锁
- lock prudently 谨慎地锁
- lock quickly 迅速地锁
- lock speedily 快速地锁
- lock staunchly 可靠地锁
- lock suspiciously 不放心地锁
- lock away 把…锁起来
- lock away the records 把记录锁藏起来
- lock in 将…锁在里面,把…包围起来
- lock out 将…锁在外面
- lock up 将…锁住,把(某人)关押起来
- break a lock 开锁
- change a lock 换锁头
- design a lock 设计锁
- fit a lock 安锁
- fix a lock 安锁
- force a lock 用力把锁撬开
- open a lock 把锁打开
- pick a lock (用非钥匙之物)撬锁
- put lock 装锁
- set lock 设置锁
- test lock 检测锁
- broken lock 破锁头
- crude lock 未加工的锁
- double lock (将钥匙转动两次的)双重锁
- shattering lock 破损的锁
- solid lock 牢固的锁头
- bushy lock 浓密的头发
- careless lock 乱蓬蓬的头发
- curly lock 鬈发
- dangling lock 摇晃的头发
- dense lock 浓密的头发
- disheveled lock 散乱的头发
- dripping lock 湿淋淋的头发
- fearful lock 吓人的头发
- flat lock 扁平的头发
- floating lock 漂动的头发
- flowing lock 光滑的头发
- glossy lock 光滑的头发
- golden lock 金发式的头发
- hoary lock 灰白的头发
- massy lock 长而浓密的头发
- obstinate lock 粗硬的头发
- raven lock 乌油油的头发
- scanty lock 稀少的头发
- shining lock 光亮的头发
- shorn lock 修剪过的头发
- silken lock 柔软光滑的头发
- snaky lock 弯曲的头发
- sparse lock 稀疏的头发
- stiff lock 硬挺挺的头发
- thin lock 稀疏的头发
- tumbled lock 杂乱的头发
- unruly lock 难梳理的头发
- whitened lock 变白了的头发
He wore his hair so long that his auburn locks almost touched his shoulders.出自： D. Carnegie
Long black locks streamed down her forehead.出自： J. Cary
Though this..hair was turning from grey to white, Mrs. Arbuthnot snipped off two locks.出自： E. Longford
He had new locks put on the doors.出自： D. L. Sayers
Her second diary..had..a lock, making it safer for private thoughts.出自： S. Quinn
The reformers locked up the church and departed with the keys.出自： Ld Macaulay
Then he closed, locked, bolted and chained the door.出自： G. Greene
误 She locked the door with a lock.
正 She locked the door.
析 “把门锁上”只需说lock the door,而无需再接with a lock。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的loc，意为锁。